Welcome!


WELCOME!

I started this blog to help myself track my fashion evolution. I have gotten a lot of inspiration from other bloggers out there, and maybe someday I can do the same for someone else.

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Blog Interrupted... and Challenge Accepted

I'm back on track now!  I had a lot of personal stuff going on the last few weeks, but things have finally settled back into their normal routine.

I found the blog Kendi Everyday just as she was starting the last 30 for 30 challenge.  (The basics?  Choose 30 items of clothing, including shoes but not accessories, and wear only those for 30 days.  Also, no buying any new clothes during the challenge.)  I followed her and many of the participants throughout their 30 days.  I thought it sounded like a pretty tough but fun challenge, though I wasn't sure I could do it.

Then the other day I popped by her site and saw that she was doing it again!  I signed up on the spot before I could talk myself out of it.  I spend a good portion of the day today deciding what to put on my list.  I have the list done, with a few days to spare so I can mull it over and change my mind on a few things if I want to.  I will take a photo of all my choices once they are final (and out of the laundry). 

I know a lot of participants have a hard time with the "no buying" portion of the challenge.  We are pretty short on funds at my house these days, so I wouldn't have that option anyway.  It might make things easier to bare with TWO reasons not to shop. Plus, my closet is too full anyway.  I need to work on my remixing what I have, and this should do the trick!  Join me if you think you are up to it.  I would love to see what you've got!


No comments: