Welcome!


WELCOME!

I started this blog to help myself track my fashion evolution. I have gotten a lot of inspiration from other bloggers out there, and maybe someday I can do the same for someone else.

Thursday, March 3, 2011

30 For 30 Recap

The challenge was not nearly as hard as I thought it would be at the start.  It definitely stretched my skills, but I think it was a worthwhile experience.  Now I look at how many clothes I have in my closet and wonder what I am going to do with them all!  I also think I have drastically improved the quality of my photos.  Mostly thanks to hubby being willing to get some outside shots, but I've also learned how to manipulate them better, thought I'm sure I have plenty of room to improve still.

There were a few things I would do differently.  At the last minute I swapped a pair of jeans out for my denim skirt, which left me almost nothing I could wear my Nikes with.  I should have swapped them out too.  I also wish I had picked more fun shoes.  I really started to miss heels and brightly colored footwear.  I think I should have included another top or two and cut down on my bottoms so that I felt like I had a bit more variety.  My skirts and pants are all very neutral colors which felt very monotonous, but that's more of a problem with my wardrobe in general and not my 30 picks.

I have come up with a couple of goals out of this.  First, I want to add more color to my closet.  As mentioned above, I have too many neutrals.  Second, I want to add pattern.  Almost everything I own is solid, or close enough to make no difference.  Last, I don't want to pay full price for anything!  I don't do this much anyway; I am usually scouring the clearance racks.  But now I want to work on my thrifting skills, and visit some consignment stores to see what I can find. (My mom will be so proud.)

I would love some feedback from all you out in blogland.  Below is a photo recap of all my outfits, and a survey.  Would you be so kind as to tell me your favorites?  Pick as many (or as few) as you'd like!

30 for 30 2



Create your free online surveys with SurveyMonkey, the world's leading questionnaire tool.

Thank you so much for your input!  Now, I had a few photos that I hadn't posted before I started to challenge, so I have those lined up for the next few days.  I need a break!

No comments: